2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use the Sites. For example:
- Account Information: We collect information when you create an account, including your name, email address, phone number, birthday, and physical address. We also may retain information you submit when you update your account information.
- Purchase Information: We collect information when you make a purchase, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, and what you purchased.
- Interactive Features: We collect information you submit through interactive features offered through the Sites, such as product customization tools, product reviews, community forums, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other interactive features.
- Communications with Us: We collect information from communications with us, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or other requests.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect information automatically when you use the Sites:
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access the Sites, including your IP address, access dates and times, operating system, browser type and language, and identifiers associated with your devices.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the Sites, including pages you visit, links you click, searches you conduct, and how you interact with the Sites.
- Location Information: We collect approximate location information from your device when you consent to the collection of this information. Location information allows us to provide location-based services and content.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies: We collect information through cookies, web beacons, pixels, and similar technologies. Our third party advertising and analytics partners may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different sites when you use our Site.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third party partners and public databases. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles. We may combine information we receive from third parties with information we collect through the Sites.
3. Use of Information
We use information we collect:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Sites and our products and services.
- To process and fulfill orders, payments, deliver products, communicate with you about orders, and provide customer service.
- To send you information about your account or orders, address your requests, concerns and improve customer service, provide warranty services, process returns, and communicate with you about our products, services, events, and promotions.
- To display customized content and targeted offers tailored to you to enhance your shopping experience.
- To compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- To provide interactive features and services that you request, including customization tools, product reviews, community forums, contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, and surveys.
- To analyze how you interact with and use the Sites.
- To monitor and analyze Site usage and activity trends to improve, customize, and enhance the Sites and our products, services, content and advertising.
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Sites, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks.
4. Disclosure of Information
We may share your information as follows:
- Service Providers: To service providers, suppliers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are contractually obligated to honor our privacy policies.
- Business Partners: To business partners who provide products, services or functions on our behalf and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for intended purposes.
- Within the Tiffany Family of Companies: To Tiffany affiliated companies to provide joint content, products and services like registration, contests and sweepstakes, surveys, forums, order fulfillment, analytics, customer service, purchases, and transactions. Affiliated companies comply with our privacy policies when handling your information.
- Corporate Events: If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, reorganization, sale of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, to actual or prospective purchasers or joint marketing partners in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
- Legal Requests: To comply with valid legal process including subpoenas, court orders or warrants. To protect our legal rights or during emergency situations or where physical harm may result. To defend IP or other legal rights of Tiffany or others. To pursue available remedies or limit damages.
- With Your Consent: With your consent or at your initiation or direction, including if you choose to provide us information to publish publicly, authorize linking of your social media account to your website account, or direct us to share your information.
- Aggregate/De-identified Information: We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information not connected to your name or other identifying information for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes.
5. Online Tracking and Do Not Track Signals
We use these mechanisms to recognize you, customize and improve your shopping experience, allow you to use shopping carts across multiple sessions, maintain your selections as you shop, analyze Site usage, provide you relevant advertising, facilitate social sharing functionality, mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and assist with website analytics and performance.
You can instruct your browser, by modifying its options, to alert you when cookies are placed or stop cookies from being placed if you prefer not to accept them. You may also delete cookies manually from your browser cache. Note if you reject or delete cookies, you may be unable to use all website features and customization.
Online Tracking and Advertising. We participate in interest-based or targeted advertising and work with third party ad networks, analytics providers, measurement partners, marketing partners, and social media companies (“Advertising Partners”). Advertising Partners collect information about your use of our Sites over time using automated means and help us provide ads tailored to your interests across other websites and devices.
As a member of the NAI Opt-out tool industry consortium, we adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Through this tool and other methods, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising by entities participating in this self-regulatory program. Note opting out does not stop advertising, but only the use of online behavioral advertising to tailor ads.
Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track (“DNT”) signal to website and online service providers you visit. There is no consensus regarding what site and app operators must do upon receipt of a DNT signal. As a result we do not alter our data collection and usage practices upon receipt of a DNT signal from your browser. We do participate in the Ad Choices program described above which provides you choice regarding receiving targeted ads.
6. Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Social Media Features
The Sites may permit interactions between the Sites and a third party website or platform, such as through Facebook Connect integration or an “AddThis” sharing tool. This may allow you to login, post content to the Sites, or share Site content with other media. Any information or content publicly disclosed in your social media account profile may be accessed and collected by other users of that social media platform. Such sharing of information is governed by the privacy settings and policies of the third party platform.
7. Data Retention
8. Minor Privacy
The Sites are meant for a general audience and not targeted to or intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16 without obtaining parental consent first. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information about a child without consent, please contact us as described below.
We employ reasonable organizational, administrative, physical and technological measures to help protect your information. Unfortunately no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend taking precautions when accessing the Sites and sharing information, including clearing browser caches and closing browser windows.
10. Your Rights and Choices
- Marketing Communications. You may opt out of marketing emails by following the instructions in the message, updating your account preferences, or contacting us for any further requests. You may continue to receive non-marketing communications such as order confirmations.
- Access. You may access, review, and change personal information provided through your account by visiting your account settings and profile. You may request access to other personal information we collect and receive copies by contacting us as outlined below. In some cases access may be limited or prohibited by law. We will notify you of reasons for any limitations if applicable.
- Correction. You may request correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal information by contacting us or by directly updating your account if that functionality is available.
- Deletion. You may request we delete personal information associated with your account and activity on our Sites by submitting a request as outlined below. We may retain some data as required or permitted by law, such as data necessary for tax or legal compliance purposes. There may be circumstances where we will need to deny a request to delete information for legal or auditing reasons.
- Objection. If we process your personal data based on legitimate interests or the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances based on your particular situation. In such cases we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or processing is for legal claims.
- Restriction of Processing. You may request we restrict further processing of your personal information, while retaining enough information to ensure your preferences are respected in the future, if the legitimacy of processing is under dispute.
- Right to Data Portability. If we process your information based on your consent or a contract, and the processing is automated, you have the right to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format or have it sent to another company. This only includes data you provided directly to us.
- Right to Not be Subject to Automated Decision Making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, which produces legal or similar effects on you, unless such processing is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you, required or allowed by law, or done with your explicit consent.
Please submit privacy rights requests by email to email@example.com and include your name, email address associated with your account or order details, and your specific request to help us identify you and the information subject to the request.
Where allowed by law, authentication of identity may be required before we comply with privacy rights requests to ensure confidential information is not disclosed to any unauthorized person.
11. Third Party Websites and Promotions
The Sites may contain links to or promotions for third party products, services, websites or mobile applications. If you choose to interact with third parties or their websites, services, or applications your information practices will be governed by their policies and not ours. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any third parties.
12. International Data Transfers
We operate globally and may transfer your personal information to recipients in countries other than your country of residence, including to the United States where our parent company and affiliates are located. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. We utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission to permit transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to countries outside of those areas, including the United States.
13. Contact Us
Tiffany and Company
Attn: Legal Dept – Privacy
200 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Last Updated: January 12, 2024